Photo of the Week
Spring finally arrived here in England.
- Margaret Atwood on the continuing relevancy of The Handmaid’s Tale
- Innovation is not enough from McKinsey, a criticism of techno-optimism.
- Ruthless Prioritization, from Brandon Chu. Worth it for this graph alone:
- Writer Elif Batumen on Fresh Air. There’s an interesting bit in the middle about viewing your life as a narrative, plus being secular in religious countries.
- And generally I just recommend The Weeds, which has been an amazing resource the last few weeks as the GOP has failed at all things healthcare.
- I recently rewatched Terrence Malick’s Tree of Life and it’s an incredibly different experience now that I have a daughter. (The opening monologue in the movie was, in some small part, an inspiration for my daughter’s name.) I continue to be intrigued by all things related to or exploring the story of Job.
- I also just finished catching up on Black Mirror. Good, but oof.