I’ve missed a few weeks due to some holiday, but there’s plenty to catch up on.
Photo of the Week
Grace walking in an ancient oak forest near us (Stockgrove Country Park)
- Great visual tutorial on machine learning from R2D3.
- Digitising one of the world’s largest books from Hyperallergic. One seriously cool book.
- The long history of “they” as a gender-neutral pronoun from The Economist. It’s settled for me and this is what I’ll use going forward.
- A Kellogg professor on all the other decisions United could have made before beating up a passenger.
- America First vs. The American Dream, as discussed by a bunch of British cultural types.
- Are you a conflict seeker or avoider? from HBR ideascast is a useful way of thinking how you approach conflict at work (and life)
- We’ve done this alfredo recipe a few times and it always works well. And will make your heart stop. Quick (other than the chore of grating a cup of parmesan) and super tasty.